I'm learning to be conscious of my gratefulness. I'm trying to live in the moment and enjoy the experience. Of course, I'm not always successful! However, this morning while I was doing the mundane task of ironing JB's jeans for school, I thought of a few things that I love about having boys. Here's a quick list and...yes, I'll share it with the boys.
1. Blue jeans...they're classic
2. Their zest for life. They find humor and excitement in everything!
3. The puppy dog smell that they have after playing outside. I like the fresh smell of a bath better, but the puppy dog smell is definitely unique!
4. They don't need accessories.
5. Their adventurous imaginations.
Of course I would love to have a daughter. That whole experience has to be amazing. But, I'm grateful for my boys. I know that I'm the first woman to hold their hearts. Hopefully, I won't screw it all up for their future wives !!
My prayer is that I give them what they need and prepare them meet and love the woman that God made just for them. Knowing that my job is done, I want to release them in such a way that I can step aside and watch them become a husband and father. With all selfish motivation/intentions aside, I plan to have a healthy adult relationship with my sons and their families.