I think it's time for me to have a talk with the boys about decorum. It's time for them to learn that certain things shouldn't be said at all. Not to mention the things that they, as boys/young men, should NEVER say to a woman. I wouldn't want my grown, married sons to have to borrow our couch for the night.
* "Mom, what did you do to your hair? It's like you killed it. It's so flat and soft." JB "complimenting" my fresh relaxer
* "Your knee is so big, I can't see it." MC spying on me as I inspected my varicose veins
* "Is that what you're wearing? You need to put on pants." MC's opinion of my knee length church dress
* "Mom, I thought you were a ninja." MC after walking into a dark room where I was standing. Me: "I could be a ninja-a pregnant ninja." MC: "No, you would be a sumo wrestler."
* "Why don't we name the baby Itasbutae? Yeah, it sounds like It's-a-boot-ay!" JB's baby name suggestion